Add a little joy to your day with this super easy and delicious panna cotta infused with our Banana Sky tea. As always, have fun— try this recipe with all of our teas!
*For a lighter version that's closer to pudding, just swap out the heavy cream for half & half.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 6-7 grams Banana Sky (2 full tablespoons)
- 2 cups heavy cream OR half & half
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 6-8 small cups, ramekins, or a baking dish if you don't mind scooping out your servings.
- Place the tea in a bowl or mug and pour the hot water over it. Let steep until lukewarm or cool.
- Strain the tea, saving the used leaves in a small sauce pan.
- Evenly sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over the cooled tea (not the leaves), making sure no dry powder is visible on the surface. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour the cream into the saucepan with the tea leaves. Heat through without letting it simmer or boil.
- Stir in the maple syrup, followed by the tea-gelatin mixture. At this point, whisk everything thoroughly to make sure there are no gelatin lumps hiding anywhere.
- Remove from heat and pour everything over a strainer into a bowl.
- Pour the liquid into the cups, ramekins or baking dish. Use a ladle if needed.
- Let cool completely or until lukewarm, then cover well and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Enjoy, then go back for seconds.